The AirCheckTexas, Drive a Clean Machine Program, is designed to help vehicle owners comply with vehicle emissions standards. It targets the highest polluting vehicles by offering financial incentives to remove them from the roadways, and allows citizens to contribute to the regional air quality solution.
Residents of the Dallas-Fort Worth non-attainment counties (Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, and Tarrant) may be eligible to receive vouchers for $3,000 toward the purchase of a newer qualifying car or truck and $3,500 toward a qualifying hybrid vehicle from participating auto dealers. Up to $600 for repair assistance is also available.
Eligible Annual (NET) Income Guidelines (Adj Every February)
|Size of Household||Maximum Net Income Per Year|
|Over 8||Add $12,480 for each additional person|
Vehicle Requirements For Replacement Assisatnce:
- Currently registered in a participating county and has been for at least 12 months prior to the application
- Passed a DPS safety and emissions inspection within 15 months of application
- Drivable and gasoline-powered
- Failed an emissions test within 30 days of application
- If the vehicle is at least ten years old or older and meets the first 3 requirements, then it does not have to fail an emissions test to qualify for replacement assistance
If You And Your Vehicle Meets These Requirements, The Following Vehicles Replacement Assistance Will Be Provided:
- $3,500 for a hybrid, current or previous model year
- $3,000 for a car, current or previous three model years
- $3,000 for a truck, current or previous two model years
Replacement Vehicle Requirements:
- Federal Emissions Standards Tier 2, Bin 5 or cleaner
- 10,000 pounds or
- 70,000 miles or less
- Cost less than $35,000 before tax, title and license (Tier 2 Bin 4 & Bin 5 Vehicles – Vehicles Eligible for $3,000 Voucher
- Cost less than $45,000 before tax, title and license (Tier 2 Bin 3 or Cleaner Vehicles – Vehicles Eligible for $3,500 Voucher)
Vehicles Eligible For Air Check Program:
- Model year 2017-2014 cars, SUVs, and vans;
- Model year 2017-2015 pickup trucks; and
- Model year 2017-2014 hybrid, electric, natural gas and all vehicles that have been certified to meet federal Tier 2, Bin 3 or cleaner Bin certification vehicles.
The following model year vehicles will be removed from the eligibility lists and will no longer be eligible for purchase under the DACM program after August 31, 2016. All vehicles sold on or after September 1 must meet new eligibility criteria, regardless of the voucher’s date of issue or expiration, or status of ongoing sales negotiations with the dealer.
After August 31, 2016 – these vehicles are no longer eligible:
- Model year 2013 cars, SUVs, and vans;
- Model year 2014 trucks